A dollop of whipped cream adds the perfect touch to Sharon Nash Alexander’s Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce! Try her FULL RECIPE!
4 Cups Dried White Bread (I used a french loaf, and cut into cubes)
2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
1 Cup Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Vanilla Sauce Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Bread should be stale. Either cut into cubes and let sit out overnight, or preheat oven to 300 degrees and place cubed bread into oven for about 15 minutes or until they feel stale to touch.
3. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, or 9×13 pan, and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
5. Pour mixture over bread, stir cubes and let sit about 5 minutes. Pour into greased pan and bake, uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and browned on top.
6. Remove from oven and serve warm with vanilla ice cream and sauce or whipped cream.
1. Combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in a small saucepan.
2. Heat until melted and begins to boil. Once it comes to a rolling boil, remove from heat and add vanilla. Mixture will bubble up, this is normal.
3. Stir in vanilla and let cool. Pour over ice cream and bread pudding and serve. You can just pour it as you serve each one or you can pour over entire pan. Store in a jar for up to 2 weeks and use as a topping on all your favorite desserts!