I am in LOVE with Sheryl Campbell’s Butter Toffee Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze! Try her FULL RECIPE.
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup butter-flavored shortening
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup sour cream
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup toffee baking bits, plus more for garnish
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting:
1 c butter at room temperature
1/3 c salted caramel sauce* at cool room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
Pinch Kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325. F.
2. Generously grease and lightly flour bundt pan. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and shortening.
4. Mix in brown sugar and white sugar.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
6. Fold in vanilla extract. Set aside.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
8. Gradually add dry mixture into the wet mixture while alternating with the buttermilk and heavy cream.
9. Mix well until combined being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
10. Fold in toffee pieces. (Can also add in some pecan pieces if desired)
11. Pour batter evenly into prepared bundt pan.
12. Shake the pan back and forth and up and down to even out batter and release air bubbles.
13. Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
14. Remove from oven and let cake sit in pan for 10-15 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
15. When cake is completely cooled start making the caramel frosting.
Directions for frosting:
1. With an electric mixer, beat butter on medium for 1 minute.
2. Add salted caramel sauce and vanilla extract, and beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Add powdered sugar and salt, and beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated.
4. Increase speed to medium, and beat until smooth and well-combined, about 2-3 additional minutes.