Lynette Jefferies of My Desserts Diva in Parkville, MD has a Chocolate Mocha Cupcake recipe that is out of this world! Post a photo of your desserts below to become a Baker Spotlight! 🙌🏿
½ cup butter
1 ⅓ cups of all purpose flour
½ cup canola oil
⅓ cup dark cocoa
1 cups organic sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of brewed coffee
1 cup of buttermilk
1 eight ounce pk cream cheese
16 ounces powdered sugar
½ cup of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract pinch of salt
1. Cream together the butter, canola oil, sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Add in one egg at a time, and mix together.
3. Add brewed coffee and mix together.
4. In a separate bowl sift flour, dark cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Combine into wet ingredients combination.
6. Add buttermilk and mix well.
1. Cream butter together and cream cheese together.
2. Add vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Using a standard pull release ice cream scoop, fill the scoop with cupcake batter and place into lined cupcake pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven of about 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely, then top with your frosting. Recipe yields 24 cupcakes.