I’m all for Misha Moore’s Chocolate Strawberry Dream Cake! Try her FULL RECIPE below! 🍓
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored JELL-O®
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 4 eggs (room temperature)
• 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour (Measured after sifting)
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup strawberry puree
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
• 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 8 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 5 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
• 1 cup Chocolate Chips
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
Chocolate covered Strawberry
• 6-8 Fresh Strawberries
• 10 oz Chocolate Melts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 8 inch round cake pans.
2. Wash and dry fresh strawberries. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt candy melts in bowl. Dip strawberries and lay onto parchment paper. Put in fridge to chill
3. For Strawberry puree. Cut up ½ cup of fresh strawberries and cover with 1 tbsp of sugar. Put in food processor and blend until strawberries are puree form.
4. For Cake, In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes, before tapping out to cool completely.
6. For frosting melt chocolate and the butter together. Let cool and blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar until the frosting is of spreading consistency, beat well.
7. For ganache place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and pour cream over chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If not smooth heat again in 30 sec increments until completely smooth. Let cool.
8. Once layers are cooled. Frost with chocolate frosting. Once frosted used ganache for dripping and covering the top. Chill 10 minutes and finish decorating to your liking.