I would devour these Ruby Red Velvet Cupcakes in one bite! 😋 Try this recipe by Lynette Jefferies ofMy Desserts Diva! Post a photo of your desserts to become a Baker Spotlight!
1 ¾ canola oil
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups organic sugar
1 tablespoon dark cocoa
1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 ounce red food coloring
1 cup of buttermilk
1 eight ounce cream cheese
16 ounces powdered sugar
½ cup of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract pinch of salt
1. Cream butter together and cream cheese together.
2. Add vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
1. Cream together the canola sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Add in one egg at a time, and mix together.
3. Add red food coloring and mix together.
4. In a separate bowl sift flour, dark cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
5. Combine into wet ingredients combination.
6. Add vinegar to cup of buttermilk., then add that to cake batter and mix well.
7. Using a standard pull release ice cream scoop, fill the scoop with cupcake batter and place into lined cupcake pan. 8. Bake in a pre-heated oven of about 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool before inverting out of pan. Then apply frosting.